Balvatika Ahmedabad Entry Fee
- 3 per person for Adults (Above 12 years of age)
- 2 per person for Children (3 to 12 years)
- 0 free entry for Children below 3 years of age
- 1 per person for Educational tour
*On every Thursday free entry to Educational Tour on entry approval permit of Zoo
*Free entry to physically challenges person
Balvatika Ahmedabad Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 19 reviews
Balvatika Ahmedabad Address: Chacha Nehru Bal Vatika Kankaria, Kankaria, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 380008, India
Ahmedabad is a city that makes you smile for several reasons: its rich culture, the vibrancy of the city, the warmth of the people of the city, its lip-smacking Gujarati cuisine, handicrafts and amazing places to spend a good time. People of Ahmedabad lead a calm and serene life and the evenings and mornings see a lot of people heading out to green spaces in the city. The quiet city is marked with a lot of parks and gardens like Parimal Garden, Law Garden, and Balvatika.
For the people of Ahmedabad, a place that is loved by kids and adults alike is Chacha Nehru Balvatika. This park was named after the former Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru. Located on the banks of Kankaria Lake which is another beauty in itself, Balvatika is a place you must visit if you happen to be in the city.
If you plan to do some sightseeing in the city and have kids with you, Balvatika is the place to be. Yes, you read it right. You can enter Balvatika only if you are accompanied by a kid. One of the testimonials posted on the web by a visitor to this place described this place as “Beg, borrow or steal a child should you wish to enter this park". The place indeed is like a wonderland for kids.
Things to do at Balvatika
1. Kids area: The play area in the park has several slides and swings for children. This kids area is built around the theme of fruits so you have slides here that are shaped like a banana and seesaws that look like watermelon slices.
2. Natural History Museum: The Natural History Museum is one place in Balvatika which piques the interest of both adults and children. It was built in the year 1974 by Reuben David who is also the founder of Ahmedabad zoo. Several schools plan a day trip for their students to the Balvatika to show them the museum which takes them down a road in history, telling them about the cultural diversity of our country.
Several articles on display in the museum belong to the British era and give an insight into those times. There are several handicrafts, textiles, and weapons on display which give children a good idea about the cultural aspects of India. Since the museum is about natural history, you will also find stuffed specimens of several birds and animals here.
31 animal specimens and 8 bird specimens are on display here. Some of these exhibits are quite unique like that of a baby monkey with two heads. Other specimens include a bear, tigers, lions, and leopards in their natural surroundings.
3. Nabhodarshan or Kankariya Planetarium: The planetarium is another place that makes Balvatika worth a visit. It was restarted in the year 2012 after a gap of 15 years with several additions to the cosmos world inside it. Since then it has enthralled the kids of the city. It serves as a practical medium to teach the kids about the solar system.
The campus has twin planetariums which are called ‘Nabhodarshan’ which means sky viewing and has a seating capacity of 30 each. There is also an auditorium here which is used for movies screening on science-based topics and to host science workshops.
Image Gallery of Balvatika Ahmedabad
Places to see near Balvatika
1. Kankaria Zoo: Balvatika is very close to Kankaria zoo and it is one place you must explore for sure after your visit to the park. The zoo is home to almost 2000 mammals, 450 mammals, and 140 reptiles in a sprawling area of 31 acres.
Animals like tigers, lions, and elephants can be seen here along with several species of snakes like anaconda and python. Other animals include the white blackbuck, rhesus monkey, spotted deer, bush-quail, chinkara, emu and common palm civet.
2. Kankaria Lake: The lake, which is one of the largest in the city, was created in 1451 by Sultan Qutab-ud-Din and has an island in the middle of it but this is not its only claim to fame. The lake is in the shape of a polygon with 34 sides. Boating is something that you must do at the lake in the evening after your visit to Balvatika.
Kankaria Lake has several attractions around it and is a place where you can spend your entire day. There are rides like the famous bubble ride, desert safari, bowling alley, amusement park, and bungee jumping, to name some of the exciting and adventurous activities here.
3. Kids City: Kids City is a miniature size world designed for kids having loads of exciting things for them to do. Spread over an area of 4240sq.metre, it has eighteen activity centers like a fire station, banks, a science lab, police and radio station, a dental hospital and a medical hospital, courtroom and prison, theatre, IT center, ice-cream factory and Newsroom, etc. These activity centers give the kids an idea about their functioning.
4. Food outlets: There are several eating joints around Kankaria Lake where you can find everything from local cuisine to street food.
Entry fee for Balvatika and Natural History Museum
The entry fee for Adults and children above 12 years of age is Rs. 3 per person. For children aged between 3 to 12 years, the fee is Rs. 2 per person. There is no entry fee for children up to 3 years of age.
The entry fee for Educational tour is Re. 1 per person on all days except Thursdays. On Thursdays, the entry is free for children visiting on Educational Tour.
Entry fee for Planetarium
The entry fee for Planetarium is charged at Rs. 15 for adults and Rs. 10 for children.
Entry timings for Balvatika
Balvatika is open from 9:00 AM in the morning to 10:15 PM in the night on all days of the week.
Best Time to visit Balvatika
November to February is the time when you must plan your trip to Ahmedabad for the city has pleasant weather at that time and a place like Balvatika can be best enjoyed at this time. March to May are hot months for Ahmedabad and it is difficult to take children to open places during the day. June to October is the rainy season here and is again a good time to visit the place.
How to reach Balvatika
Ahmedabad is well connected to all major cities through air and train systems. You can reach Balvatika easily by taking any means of public transport, cab or your personal vehicle. You can also book a cab from top car rental companies in Ahmedabad to travel within the city.
Ahmedabad Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA makes your trip to the city a relaxed and fun filled experience with its Ahmedabad Tour packages that are quite affordable. You can visit all the famous tourist attractions of Ahmedabad and explore the city like never before. For further details on the various packages, please fill the Contact Us form.