Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 43 reviews
Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad Address: Law Garden, Maharashtra Society, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 380009, India
When it comes to traveling, no trip is complete without a bit of shopping from the favourite destinations. And, when it is a city like Ahmedabad which is rather famous for its funky and vibrant colors, collecting souvenirs becomes a must do activity, especially when you can grab them at bargain prices. Ahmedabad is a hub when it comes to shopping and the choices can overwhelm anyone as there is something for everyone within their respective budgets.
One such prominent destination for shopping in Ahmedabad is the Law Garden Night Market located at the Law Garden Maharaja Society. The garden was named Law Garden because of the reason for it to be in close proximity to the Law College. It is a shopper’s haven with numerous art collections, souvenirs, handicrafts, clothes, accessories and many more.
Even if you are done with day long shopping, when it comes to visiting the Law Garden Night Market, you cannot keep your hands off the attractive items on display which makes quite an attraction. Such is the aura of the market. It is one of the most happening night markets famous for its vibrant Gujarati fabrics, clothing and costume and antique jewellery authentic to the region.
Along with traditional Gujarati clothing which includes bandhej sarees (tie and dye sarees), cholis (saree blouses), chaniyas (long traditional embroidered skirts with intricate designs and richly decorated with mirror works) and costume jewellery, the market also offers embroidered wall hangings. There are stalls that also sell silverwares from Kutch and Saurashtra.
In addition to shopping, visitors can also enjoy some scrumptious Gujarati snacks from the food trucks that line up by the market, serving local street food. Navratri is the busiest time when the market is in its full swing, thronged by tourists and locals.
Shopping Tips for Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad
IEveryone must use their bargaining skills to optimum use while shopping at the Law Garden Night Market since it becomes a necessity. The reason being, the prices quoted are exorbitant and much higher than the actual price of the product. Hence, shoppers are recommended to start with a quote which is way less than 50% of the rate quoted by the seller.
IIt is recommended to carry cash as several stall owners do not accept digital payment of cards as payment.
IIf you are traveling by your own vehicle, parking might be an issue since there is no parking space around the market area.
Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad Image Gallery
Entry Fee and Timings of Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad
The Law Garden Night Market is open all days of the week between early 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Though it is open during the morning hours too, however, it is recommended to visit during early evening since not many vendors set up their stalls during morning hours. The most recommended time for visit is between 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM when you can also visit the Happy Street adjacent to the market.
Places to visit near Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad
1. Parimal Garden: One of the most beautiful gardens of Ahmedabad, the Parimal garden is a must visit for its landscaping. The artificial pond lined with palm trees and the brick pillars are some attractions. One can spend quiet time here.
2. Sabarmati Riverfront: A popular hangout destination for the locals along the banks of the Sabarmati river, the Sabarmati Riverfront is famous for its native as well as migratory birds. There is a biodiversity park with 5000 trees of various endangered species and a park maintained for children. The most interesting part of the riverfront is the “Miyawaki Plantation” where more than 67,000 samplings are planted as per the Japanese Miyawaki method.
3. Bhadra Fort: Built by Ahmad Shah I in 1411, the Bhadra fort is located on the east bank of Sabarmati river and is one of the major attractions of Ahmedabad. It has 162 houses, eight gates and the premises within the walls of the fort are presently occupied by urban developments.
4. Sidi Saiyyed mosque: The Sidi Saiyyed Mosque in Ahmedabad is popularly known as Sidi Saiyyid ni Jali by the locals and is a must visit place for its intricate lattice work windows. The mosque was built in 1572-73 AD by Sidi Saiyyed.
5. Adalaj Step Well: The Adalaj Step Well is located in the village of Adalaj, just on the outskirts of Ahmedabad at a distance of 3.4 kilometres from Law garden Market. Famous for its fine architectural work, the step-well was built in 1498 by Queen Rudadevi in memory of her husband and King Rana Veer Singh of the Vaghela dynasty.
How to Reach Law Garden Night Market Ahmedabad
The Law Garden Market is reachable via cabs as well as inter city buses from all parts of the city.
The nearest railway station is Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station. One may rent a cab from the station to reach Law Garden Market.
The nearest airport to Law Garden Market is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport and can be reached by renting a cab from the airport.
One can also rent a private cab from top car rental companies in Ahmedabad and visit Law Garden Night Market and other popular places to visit in Ahmedabad.
We at Ahmedabad Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA help you in planning your trip in the most relaxed and hassle free manner with our all inclusive Ahmedabad Tour packages. Choose the package that suits you best and make your trip a fun filled experience. Please fill the Contact Us form for further queries.